Enterprise-class infrastructure as a service (IaaS) solutions built on Apple Mac hardware
Grew headcount by 2.5x within first 20 months of Summit’s investment
Expanded infrastructure footprint with locations in Silicon Valley and Frankfurt
Featured by Apple in new product keynote in October 2018
MacStadium was founded in 2012 to provide a cloud services offering specifically designed for developers building applications on Apple operating systems. Offering a reliable, high-performance, scalable environment – built on top of Apple’s Mac computers – MacStadium helps developers to more quickly build, test and deliver applications to the market. Establishing product-market fit with this differentiated approach, MacStadium had quickly grown into a mission-critical infrastructure provider, and in 2017 the company sought a partner to help accelerate its expansion plans. Summit’s deep experience in infrastructure and DevOps – including prior investments in Perforce, Telerik, HelpSystems and Zenoss – helped us to build a strong relationship with management, and MacStadium chose to partner with Summit.
How Summit helped:
- Led a growth equity investment in 2017
- Assisted in expanding management team with the addition of a new Chief Revenue Officer, SVP of Operations, SVP of Software Development and VP of Product Management
- Introduced and helped recruit two board members with deep experience in building cloud-based infrastructure and development tools businesses: veteran technology finance executive Jose Segrera and Vassil Terziev, cofounder of Summit portfolio company Telerik
- Summit’s Capital Markets Team managed the process to substantially expand the company’s credit facility to support continued growth
- Collaborating with management to explore acquisition opportunities to accelerate expansion of platform and capabilities
- Helped to identify, diligence, execute and support the ongoing integration of the company’s 2018 acquisition of cloud orchestration software provider Virtual Command, including technical diligence provided by Summit’s Technologist-in-Residence Neil Roseman
Today, MacStadium is the only provider of enterprise-class Apple Mac infrastructure-as-a-service and was recognized as the "the very definition of mission-critical" during the keynote at Apple’s 2018 product launch event. With state-of-the-art datacenters in Atlanta, Silicon Valley, Las Vegas, Dublin and Frankfurt, MacStadium is trusted by iOS developers, mobile testing teams and DevOps engineers at thousands of companies, including Shopify, Box, GitHub, CapitalOne, Wix and King.