“Working with Summit is not like working with other investors. They are a true partner in every sense of the word, and Jamf has benefited enormously from Summit’s wealth of knowledge, extensive network, and a culture that encouraged our relentless focus on customer loyalty and employee engagement. They also do real work in areas where we need leverage – they don’t just talk; they are a force multiplier for our team. Our partnership with Summit has been instrumental in making Jamf the success that it is today.”
Systems and device management software for Apple platforms
Chip Pearson and Zach Halmstad founded Jamf in 2002 with a mission to help organizations of all sizes embrace Apple in the enterprise environment. As former Apple systems administrators, they understood the challenges and opportunities of the Apple environment, and focused on providing products centered around the user experience. Jamf developed the most advanced set of enterprise-grade features and functionality, allowing system administrators to confidently manage every Mac, iPhone or iPad in their environment via an elegant, flexible management platform. By 2013, Jamf saw an opportunity to dramatically grow the business and help more global organizations adopt and extend the use of Apple technologies – and chose Summit as their partner in growth.
How Summit helped:
- Led a $30 million growth equity investment in 2013 and provided a follow-on investment in 2016
- Worked closely with founders to scale the organization, helping to recruit key executive-level team members, including CEO Dean Hager, as well as a CMO, CFO, CTO and CRO
- Collaborated with management to expand and optimize the global sales organization, including building a predictive model for sales hiring and productivity
- Provided strategic guidance in developing and supporting the introduction of Jamf Now, the company’s SMB cloud product that is distributed via a ‘freemium’ digital model
- Supported the company in its transition to a recurring revenue business model through the development of analytical tools to better analyze sales productivity, customer retention and forecasting
- Helped expand the company’s network with key strategic partners
- Served as an extension of management team, helping to drive both corporate development and business development opportunities
Today, Jamf is the only device management company focused exclusively on Apple. With more than 13,000 global customers that rely on Jamf to manage over eight million Apple devices across Mac, iOS, and tvOS, the company is committed to enabling IT, empowering end-users and bringing the legendary Apple experience to businesses, education institutions and government organizations.