“Summit Partners brought invaluable experience in financial services and technology investments, and was uniquely positioned to help drive the rapid expansion of our business.”
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Electronic ETP liquidity provider
Grew net trading income by 4.5x during Summit’s investment
Established 24-hour trading capabilities
Added more than 175 employees
Completed IPO (Euronext: FLOW) in July 2015, and market cap grew to exceed €2.0 billion within 5 months
Founded in 2004 and based in Amsterdam, Flow Traders is Europe’s leading global technology-enabled liquidity provider specializing in Exchange Traded Products (ETPs). In 2008, Founders Jan van Kuijk and Roger Hodenius sought an experienced partner with perspective on growth stage companies and experience building leaders in the financial technology and financial services markets. Their vision: to expand geographically and take their rapidly growing and highly profitable market maker to the global stage.
How Summit helped:
- Made a minority investment in 2008
- Helped establish 24-hour trading capabilities in North America and strengthen capabilities in Europe and Asia
- Leveraged Summit’s U.S. network to open the company’s New York office within three months of Summit’s investment
- Assisted in building out the senior management team, including recruiting an experienced CFO, Dennis Dijkstra, who later became Co-CEO
- Helped implement comprehensive systems and controls to strengthen the company’s financial reporting
- Assisted company in preparing for and executing its initial public offering (Euronext: FLOW)
Flow Traders (Euronext: FLOW) completed its IPO on July 10, 2015. Today, Flow Traders enables investors to efficiently buy and sell over 4,000 ETP listings, providing liquidity on 94 trading venues in 32 countries around the world, 24 hours a day.