Network of full-service dental clinics across Italy
Added 80+ clinics, more than tripling the total number since Summit’s investment
Expanded network from approximately 200 to more than 500 dentists
Grew revenues by more than 4x
Acquired by BC Partners in 2017
Founded in 2010, DentalPro owns and operates full-service dental clinics across Italy, most of which are conveniently located in shopping malls. By partnering with local dentists and providing comprehensive practice management support and training, DentalPro enables practitioners to focus on providing accessible and high-quality care to their patients. In 2015, DentalPro sought a financial partner to support its acquisition strategy and help accelerate the opening of new clinic locations. Summit’s experience in healthcare services – and in the dental sector more specifically – combined with our demonstrated expertise in acquisition integration positioned us well.
How Summit helped:
- Led a majority growth equity investment in 2015 to fund and support DentalPro’s rapid expansion in the Italian dental care sector
- Summit’s Peak Performance Group evaluated and developed a clinic pipeline management tool to better manage new clinic openings
- Provided strategic support and arranged financing to execute and integrate key acquisitions of competitors Giovanni Bona and Dentadent in 2016
- Helped DentalPro scale the organization and enhance its infrastructure by supporting the implementation of a common IT system across acquired facilities
- Worked alongside management to optimize the marketing function with a new, patient-focused website and marketing plan to drive patient growth and retention
By 2017, DentalPro achieved market leadership in Italy, employing more than 500 dental professionals and serving 250,000 patients across its network of more than 110 full-service clinics. In 2017, DentalPro was acquired by BC Partners and aims to continue the expansion of its dental network.
DentalPro represents Summit’s third investment in the dental market and one of eighteen investments in the broader physician practice management market.