Award-winning SaaS-based technology provider innovating the insurance industry
Grew user base to 20,000 users – a 2.8x increase since Summit's investment
Added more than 500 employees
Significantly increased international sales to serve customers in 40+ countries
Theo Duchen and David McDonald founded Acturis with the goal of driving inefficiencies out of the insurance sector by focusing on technology and process innovation. Leveraging their backgrounds in the insurance and ecommerce practices at McKinsey, the founders successfully bootstrapped Acturis to become the leading SaaS-based insurance technology provider in Europe. The founders sought an experienced partner to help internationalize the business.
How Summit helped:
- Led a minority investment for growth and shareholder liquidity
- Assisted with the development of world-class financial and KPI reporting
- Helped develop and execute international expansion strategy
- Identified, evaluated and developed more than 20 acquisition and partnership opportunities outside the core UK market
- Worked closely with management to complete the acquisition of Nordic Insurance Software—the company’s first
international acquisition—assisting with negotiations, diligence, legal work and structuring
Today, Acturis continues on its strong growth trajectory, entering international markets through organic growth and acquisition, and has been recognized throughout the industry both for its rapid growth and for its innovative solutions. The company was named to the UK’s Future Fifty list in 2013, won the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in 2012 and has been recognized multiple times as Service Provider of the Year by Insurance Times.