Business application software
Transformed product offering, driving triple-digit SaaS revenue growth and becoming the first company to move mission critical industry applications to the cloud
Added 13,000 customers since Summit’s 2012 investment
Grew employee headcount by 3,000 over five years
Received an investment of more than $2 billion from Koch Industries in 2017
Formed in 2002, Infor is one of the world’s largest providers of enterprise application software to large and mid-sized companies across numerous industry sectors. The company’s highly targeted vertical software automates and integrates critical business processes, enabling customers to better manage their suppliers, partners, customers and employees. Summit originally invested in Infor in 2003 and 2004 when Infor acquired two of Summit’s prior portfolio companies. Several years later, with a new and talented management team in place led by CEO Charles Phillips, Infor was poised to extend its leadership position in vertical-specific business applications while transitioning its offerings to the cloud. Based on our long-standing relationship with the company, Summit had the opportunity to complete a new and larger equity investment, and Infor chose to partner with Summit again in 2012.
How Summit helped:
- Partnered with Golden Gate Capital to recapitalize Infor in 2012, in support of the company’s merger with Lawson Software to create one of the largest enterprise software companies in the world
- Engaged Summit’s Capital Markets team to support the 2012 recapitalization, helping to strengthen the balance sheet
- Worked closely with management to source and evaluate several acquisition opportunities to broaden product reach and capabilities. Since 2012, Infor has completed nine strategic acquisitions, including GT Nexus, the world’s largest cloud-based global commerce platform .
- Assisted in recruiting executive management including a CFO and senior sales leaders
- Provided strategic guidance in formulating and executing Infor’s SaaS strategy. By 2017, more than half of Infor’s software revenues were derived from its cloud applications.
Today, Infor employs more than 16,000 people and serves over 90,000 customers worldwide. Its leading business applications are driving digital transformations across industries and CEO Charles Phillips continues to lead the company into new phases of growth and innovation.