Focus Financial Partners
From a platform launched in 2006, Focus has grown to approximately $70 billion in assets under management
Added 25+ advisory firms in North America and the United Kingdom
Focus Financial Partners—a partnership of independent wealth management firms—was formed to capitalize on the continued growth of high-net-worth households, clients’ increasing interest in independent advice, and financial advisors’ expanding need for product and infrastructure assistance. Founders Rudy Adolf, Rajini Kodialam and Lenny Chang sought the experience and capital resources of Summit Partners to achieve their vision of building a platform to consolidate the fragmented wealth management industry.
How Summit helped:
- Invested an initial $35 million to complete the formation of its group of founding partners, and finance future acquisitions
- Helped assemble a world-class board of directors with significant experience in the financial services industry and in building acquisition platform companies
- Recruited management team members, including a CFO
- Helped expand banking relationships and grow senior credit facility to $400 million
- Assisted in identifying and executing acquisitions, including negotiations with target firms
- Supported the company through two additional rounds of financing
Today, Focus Financial has grown to become the leading partnership of independent fiduciary wealth management firms, with approximately $70 billion in assets under management. More than 25 partner firms and affiliates in the United States and United Kingdom benefit from the synergies, scale, economics and best practices achieved through being part of the Focus family.